No matter where you are, or what transition you are facing, know this—change is a good thing. And starting over can be hard. Whether it’s moving to a new state, or starting over in a new relationship, the life you once knew becomes a fading image. Suddenly the future looks like a flat desert. Here are 19 little truths to remember when you do that.
1. Growing up doesn’t happen all at once. Being persistent in trying is half the battle won.
2. Be kind and take heart. Treat people kindly no matter what you’re going through.
3. You don’t have to change who you are in order to fit in, but it is important to accommodate other’s differences and comfort in your presence. What you think is a small gesture may mean the world to another person.
4. Love and appreciate your family.
5. You are the only person that can pick up your broken pieces. Accept that you are all that you have.
6. People change. Most times without prior notice, often with no explanation. Wish them well on their way, and move on with your life.
7. Holding onto the things not meant for you will kill you. Letting them go will set you free.
8. Starting from the bottom is not a bad thing. It means that your journey forward can only go uphill.
9. Thy will be done. Some days you are going to question God’s ways, but you know that His plans for you are still the best.
10. It is more important to live your life looking forward than it ever is looking back.
11. Appreciate everything that you have, even the little things. You’ll never know what you have until you lose them.
12. When one door closes, another door opens. Keep your eyes open to see the silver lining in everything.
13. Not everybody will understand you. Some will throw weird glances and faces at you but you don’t have to bother.
14. Be the best version of yourself every single day.
15. Block out the noise and negativity that surround you.
16. Peace and contentment comes from living your life from the inside out rather than the outside in. Human recognition may come as one part of the journey, but it should never be the focus.
17. Do not let your old life consume you. You moved for a reason, right? You need to hate your old life so much to want to start a new one.
18. Trust your instincts and follow your heart.
19. With heartbreaks come new beginnings.